NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course
Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for the safe and proper use of a shotgun in shooting a moving target.
This course is at least ten-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning how to shoot shotguns at moving targets.
- NRA’s rules for safe gun handling;
- shotgun parts and operation;
- shotgun shell components;
- shotgun shell malfunctions;
- shooting fundamentals;
- range rules;
- shooting at straight away and angled targets;
- and continued opportunities for skill development.
Students will receive the Basics of Shotgun Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Shotgun Shooting Student Examination, and receive a course completion certificate.