Home Firearm Safety Course
Non-shooting course and teaches students the basic knowledge, skills, and to explain the attitude necessary for the safe handling and storage of firearms and ammunition in the home.
This is a four-hour course for safe gun handling that is conducted in the classroom only.
Students are taught
- NRA’s three rules for safe gun handling;
- primary causes of firearms accidents;
- firearm parts;
- how to unload certain action types;
- ammunition components;
- cleaning; care;
- safe storage of firearms in the home;
- and the benefits of becoming an active participant in the shooting sports.
Students will receive the NRA Home Firearm Safety handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Basic Firearm Training Program brochure, course completion certificate.